About Mark Hanson And The
Juggle Power™ Team
Hello and welcome to the Juggle Power™ “About” page.
About pages don’t get viewed very often. I think it’s because so few “About” pages actually reveal anything about the personality behind the blog or website.
Since I’m a juggler you might as well learn a little about my juggling past.
My Juggling History…
- Taught myself to juggle in 1970 while watching the Flip Wilson Variety Show. I was 16 at the time.
- Entered U.S. Air Force September of 1972. (My Air Force experience turned out to be very important because my juggling skills really took off while stationed in the Azores.)
- Stationed in the Azores, Portugal, in 1974. I learned eight new juggling tricks after watching a professional juggler on television.
- After my discharge from the Air Force in 1976 I joined the Neverthriving juggling club in Minneapolis, Minnesota and started learning more tricks.
- Moved to small town Iowa in 2004 and started riding unicycles in area parades as a family. Also began teaching juggling at local schools, fairs, and festivals.
- In February of 2011 my family and I performed the warm-up and half-time shows for the Harlem Globetrotters in Mason City. It was a blast! I juggled and rode a 5 foot giraffe unicycle. (Thank you Regan Banks!)
- Started the Juggle Power website in December of 2011
- Became the fastest juggler in the world by breaking the Guinness World Record for 3-ball speed juggling on December 17, 2011 at the National Guard Armory in Mason City, Iowa. The event was sponsored by the North Iowa Youth Center during its "Winter Fun Festival".
- Currently expanding my juggling and unicycle skills along with my 5 kids.
- New juggling tricks I’m learning: 4-ball Mills Mess, 4 clubs and a club passing routine with my daughter Christa.
- New unicycle tricks I’m learning: Wheel walking and hop on wheel. My goal is to become a certified level 6 unicyclist.
My Juggling Future…
To bring the Juggle Power program to as many schools, libraries, and sporting camps as I can.
If you have a question for me personally or about the Juggle Power program please use my Contact Form. I do my best to return all emails within 24 hours.
Thanks for reading my About page.
Mark Hanson and the Juggle Power Family
Christa F. (mom), Christa B., Anna, Matthew, Luke and Caleb